Friday, March 28, 2014

Reviewing Alcatel's One Touch Fierce from Metropcs

Alcatel one touch Fierce Metropcs review

Recently I decided to move carriers from AIO to Metropcs and to be hones I was terrified from all the reviews I found online about Metropcs' service and signal but I decided to give it a shot anyway because of the offer they had on the Alcatel One Touch Fierce for $29.

After switching to Metropcs I actually don't have any problems, their signal is good almost everywhere in LA, no problems with customer service and they are cheap so I guess after T-mobile took over things have changed.

The phone had decent specs packing a Mediatek MT6589 chipset with Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7 processor and 1 GB of Ram, however it falls short when it comes to internal storage of only 4 GB which can be extended using a micro SD card up to 32 GB.
It runs Android Jelly bean 4.2 and I expect it will get Kitkat 4.4 soon however this is not confirmed.

Body:
The phone looks elegant and small with dimensions 130.3 x 67 x 9 mm (5.13 x 2.64 x 0.35 in) and it's lightweight only 130 g (4.59 oz)
when you touch the phone you can tell the materials are cheap however at a price of $29 this phone is a giveaway.

Performance:
The performance of the phone is actually very smooth, I installed a ton of apps and ran them all at the same time without any lags.

Display:
This is probably the worst thing about the phone, the display is ok but there's some sort of problem with colors which you can't notice except if you look hard.
also the screen dims when you tilt the phone which tells nothing except how cheap the screen is.

Battery:
The Battery can't be removed however it performs very good considering it's running on 4G and with heavy usage it lasts me a whole day, that's probably because of the display quality.

Pros:
-Good battery life
-Fast processor
-Lightweight
-Elegant
-Price

Cons:
-Display quality
-Not enough internal storage

The verdict:
This phone performs so much better than my old Samsung Galaxy Note 1 N7000 and at a much cheaper price it actually satisfies all my needs and exceeds my expectations

I will try to record a video review and post it soon 
if you have any questions please ask and i will reply
Share/Bookmark

No comments :

Post a Comment