Wednesday, October 15, 2014

How To Fix The Moto G Camera Error "Please Restart Camera"

moto g please restart camera recovery motorola

I started getting this error message "please restart camera" every time I tried to start my Moto G's camera. 

Rebooting the phone would make the error message disappear for a little bit but it would soon start coming up again which is so inconvenient to have to restart your Moto G every time you need to use your camera.

I started reading everywhere to find solutions, I tried uninstalling Skype but it didn't fix the problem.
I tried to clear the data and cache of the camera app and it still didn't work.


Today I spoke to a Motorola's chat support agent and I explained the issue, she advised me to follow some steps. Since then the camera is working without any problems.

I know that this is not a permanent fix and sooner or later I will start getting the error again but what can I do? it's just a temporary fix until Cricket wireless decides to update the Moto G (mine is 4.4.2) 
Motorola is doing an awesome job keeping their phones up to date
I just hate the fact that carriers are the ones who roll out firmware updates.


Here are the steps, try them:


This will remove any temporary files that may be causing the problem, but will not delete your files or settings.
1. With the phone powered off, press and hold VOL DOWN KEY + POWER key (simultaneously) for 5 seconds and then release both buttons.
2. The device will display different BOOT OPTIONS
3. Use the VOL DOWN Key to SCROLL to Recovery and VOL UP Key to select

Tip: If the device reboots, you may have waited to long to make a selection, you will need to begin the process again. 
4. The device will display the Motorola logo and then the Android in distress ( logo with Exclamation mark)
moto g please restart camera recovery motorola
5. Press and hold the VOL UP key. While still holding the VOL UP key tap and release the POWER key. Once you see the RED text at the top of the screen, release both buttons (should take only a second).
Tip: You can try this step, holding the phone in landscape. If you are stuck on step 5, try a force reboot by pressing the Power key and Vol Down key until your device reboots, and start the process again.
6. The device will display additional menu options (Text will appear in BLUE) 
7. Use the VOL DOWN Key to scroll to wipe cache partition and the POWER Key to select this option
8. The device will then perform the partition wipe
9. The device will reboot and start the normal power up sequence


Even after i upgraded to lollipop I was still getting the same error, the only difference is that on lollipop once I uninstalled skype the camera has been working just fine.

Share/Bookmark

36 comments :

  1. I tried doing this but doesnt happen anything. Once it started working but again in few days it shows the same message . Help

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agin and again am trying this procedure but still my camera is nit working...what to do now?..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agin and again am trying this procedure but still my camera is nit working...what to do now?..

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is not the correct process for Moto G2. After the step of 4...Press power button for 2-3 seconds and while pressing power button tap volume up key....now follow rest procedure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  7. Mine is definitely a software problem.
    The rear camera works with Snapchat but won't save the photo. I don't have Skype, so that's not the problem either. Motorola is hiding something.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mine is definitely a software problem.
    The rear camera works with Snapchat but won't save the photo. I don't have Skype, so that's not the problem either. Motorola is hiding something.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have done the procedure as instructed but my camera is still not working, phone is upgraded to android 6 marshmallow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Please assist urgently...m olzo Hvng d same issue

    ReplyDelete
  11. Please assist urgently...m olzo Hvng d same issue

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Please assist urgently...m also Hvng the same issue wd my phn

    ReplyDelete
  14. 3rd calsss company ---LENOVO never buy their products. in 4 months period i faced problem about phone 4 times...more than 1 month my phone was not working (laying with service centre) need 3-4 visits to get phone repaired

    ReplyDelete
  15. i have seam problam my moto g3 only 2 mnth but its problam issu cmra asks show massage in please restsrt camra agen by agen

    ReplyDelete
  16. i have seam problam my moto g3 only 2 mnth but its problam issu cmra asks show massage in please restsrt camra agen by agen

    ReplyDelete
  17. very helpful... its done ... my MOTO G2 camera working after follow this step... thanks

    ReplyDelete
  18. @vipin ...me too had the same problem..itz better if yua gng tu som repair shop and consult them... this is a software issue ..they wl help yu and it wil b gud if yua upgrading yua software to marshmallow...

    ReplyDelete
  19. My camera not working plz help camera restart ur camera

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have also tried this procedure but still my camera is not working...any other solution?..

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have also tried this procedure but still my camera is not working...any other solution?..

    ReplyDelete
  22. i have a problem on my moto g2 camera similar to this above screenshot, bt the message is like "Camera is busy, if this happens again please restart your device". I restarted for around 7 to 8 times bt this issue is not resolved. And i did mobile reset and software update too..please help me, how to resolve this issue..?

    ReplyDelete
  23. In my moto g3 i lost my front camera option how can i fix it problem i tried many times

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi

    Thanks for sharing this article with us. Nice Post.

    Best Wishes
    Motorola Service Center in Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  25. Followed all the steps as suggested, camera still not working. Same message ,camera errror, restart camera appears again n again... provide solutions

    ReplyDelete
  26. Same problem "camera error , please Restart. since about 14 days on moto 4G

    ReplyDelete
  27. Not only is my camera not working, but also I can't download pictures from online, I can't take screenshots, I can't open images sent to me on WhatsApp, I can't listen to audios on WhatsApp, I can't download/open/load videos (and/or pictures) on WhatsApp, some of my other apps are constantly crashing, even when you're not using it and particular apps even uninstall themselves...
    I've been having these problems with my phone a few months after I got my moto g2 and I haven't even have it for a year yet...
    I do the temporary fixes and solutions but it gets really annoying sometimes when I have to clear cache and data and uninstall Google play then reboot my phone, but the thing is sometimes it doesn't work so you have to do it all over again until it temporarily fixes and then in either a few hours or days it's back to giving trouble. I've reset my entire phone twice and it temporarily fixes but then gives trouble later. I really don't want to buy a new phone because I just got this one and I love it, I love the quality of the audio and display and everything... I just really want a permanent solution for these problems but I have a feeling the only fix will be getting a new phone...

    ReplyDelete
  28. Even same problem in Moto g turbo with marshmallow version.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I have Same problem with My moto g4 plus.....

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thank you so much, I tried the procedure listed above and my camera is working again.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Had the same problem when upgrading to Android 7.0 on my Moto G4 Plus. Found that the issue was having two camera apps installed (one with 4 different colors in the lens and one with 4 shades of green in the lens). The problem went away when I force stopped the coloured lens version, so I uninstalled that one (I think it is googles version vs the Moto version).

    Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete